Friday, March 12, 2010

My discipline

Be respectful
Natural-All students will not feel safe and respected, resulting in the class being an unpleasant place for students and the teacher
logical-Students will be warned. If behavior continues it will result in punishment in the form of referrals or phone calls home
Come to class on time
Natural- Students will miss out on information and distract the class
logical- Students will be marked tardy and lose out on participation points
No Ipods or cell phones during class time
Natural- Students will distract themselves and others in class
logical-Students phones or Ipods will be confiscated and turned over to the assistant principle (as stated in the student handbook)
Clean up after yourself
natural- leaving trash, gum and other things makes the classroom look trashy and makes it a less
appealing place then it already is
Logical- I will make you scrape the gum of the bottom of the desks, chew it and blow a bubble
Try your best
Natural- Students will get the most out of their education when they show up and try their best

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the NO iPods during class time. I really believe that it distracts students and takes away from their learning experience. Also, I really like your last expectation, "Try your best." That is really the most important thing we can ask of our students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is the clean up after yourself part. There is nothing more that I hate than a classroom that is messy and made messy by students not being respectful to the materials. At High Tech High, I used to keep my students in until the classroom was cleaned to my liking. IPods, phones maybe the teachers new arch nemesis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Your Best. The only question i would have for this is are you going to be ok if a student's best is a C? I know a lot of teachers who say this is a norm in their teaching philosophy but then dont feel that a student is doing their best if they arent getting an A. Great idea and I hope you always look at that.

    ReplyDelete